Friday, February 10, 2012

The Right Wing War on Science


Bill

I find your stated position on the science of climate change reasonable, and if I somehow communicated otherwise I apologize for not being clearer. And I accept that the consequences of climate change remain uncertain and higly difficult to predict, although they clearly are already present.  And as I argue here, any effort to address climate change cannot ignore the realities of a global economy dependent upon a steady supply of fossil fuels.

But of all the sins of Karl Rove and the man he served (and there were plenty), the most unforgivable was the corruption of science, and the appalling spectacle it has produced of one of the nations’ 2 major political parties pretending that the fundamental environmental process of our age does not exist. This needs to called out for what it is, a form of Newspeak.

Eli





  

No comments:

Post a Comment