Thursday, February 16, 2012

Budgets for Dummies (Reply)

Eli,
Near the end of your, "Budget for Dummies," you suggest a budget program that includes,
4) Stop subsidizing inefficiencies for special interest groups.
Huzzah I say.
But we do know where the big bucks are, yes? They are called tax expenditures, and are tax deductions for health care, charitable giving and mortgage interest. Nothing else comes close. Actually I shouldn't be so definitive, but those are big bucks and definitely subsidize inefficiencies for special interest groups.
You may be referring to business tax deductions, which I agree should also be eliminated. But those are chump change, relatively speaking. I'll update this with the numbers later.
You really are coming round to my way of thinking. I'm so proud.
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment