Monday, October 1, 2012

The( Washington Post's) Wonkbook War on Reality

Eli,

I've written previously about the silliness of the Washington Post's Wonkbbok. Ezra Klein claimed,

"There are one of two ways to look at the digital revolution of the last few years. The first way is that it hasn't done much for the real economy. The major players like Apple and Google and Twitter and Facebook simply don't employ that many people. They've made a smaller number of people very, very, very rich. But the Internet hasn't been like the automobile, where the new industries meant jobs for millions upon millions of American workers."

I stand by my claim that was staggeringly stupid. It seems the FCC agrees with me.

Last Friday the FCC launched a new auction to "repurpose broadcast television spectrum for mobile broadband." I guess the FCC hasn't read the Washington Post recently because it states in the release, "The mobile apps economy barely existed in 2009 but today, it supports nearly 500,000 jobs." I'm pretty sure 500,000 is greater than the entire number of jobs created during the Obama presidency.

Bill

 

No comments:

Post a Comment