Sunday, March 11, 2012

America the Beautiful

Eli,

I'm lucky enough to travel from time to time. Last week I was in Louisiana. Despite having been to New Orleans often enough as a child, I have never figured out the geography. Did you know there is a causeway about 30 miles long that bisects Lake Ponchartrain?



I drove across at night, with the moon shining on the Lake, but the pictures were terrible. The next day I was able to cross during the day.


I love America. I love the unspoiled nature like the Grand Canyon. I love the man-mades structures that let us enjoy and manage our environment, like the causeway over Lake Ponchartrain. I love the canyons created by the skyscrapers (do we use that word anymore?) in NYC.

We are a blessed and special people to have such beauty all around us.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment