Monday, November 26, 2012

Warren Buffet Numbers

Bill,

I'm not ashamed to admit I've been a big Buffet fan since way back when. I read his biography while moonlighting as a resident. I had, for the 1st time, a little money to save and wanted to learn something about investing. I always thought his value approach made a great deal of sense. Needless to say I don't have his touch, or I wouldn't be headed off to the hospital to work tomorrow.

In today's op-ed piece in the Times, Buffet proposes targets for Federal revenue and spending at 18.5 and 21 per cent respectively. As he notes, that doesn't entirely close the deficit, but it's a significant improvement  from the current gap between 15.5 and 22.4%.  I doubt those are numbers that will set your heart aflutter, but they'd certainly be a move in the right direction.

 Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment