Friday, February 26, 2016

If the Government Can Force Me to Buy a Product, Why Can't it Force Apple to Make a Product

Eli,

I'm with Apple on its fight with the FBI. As far as I'm concerned, the FBI has no right to force Apple to create something for it. But...

The Affordable Care Act requires me to buy a product. It compels me to engage in commerce. It doesn't seem that far a step to suggest if the government has the authority to compel me to buy a product, it also has the right to compel Apple to create a product.

When it was suggested by opponents of the ACA that requiring consumers to enter into a commerce would result in a government of unlimited power, the proponents laughed off that concern.

What I find amusing, is hearing all those in favor of the ACA expressing outrage at the FBI's attempt to bully Apple.

Reap what you sow.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment