Friday, March 8, 2019

We Are Complicit

Bill,


We are complicit if we do not speak out. Bigotry and hate should be opposed whatever the source and whatever the target. The  argument that "both sides do it" is the false moral equivalence that the President has engaged in so effectively to normalize such behavior.


Frankly, I don't expect any better from the Republicans. I do expect better from my party. That is why I reached out, and will continue to do so. Sooner or later I expect my congresswoman to address these issues directly, or she will hear from me again, in a manner less diplomatic.


I hope Rep Omar faces a primary challenge next year. Those who defend her are blind fools, like the German Jews who didn't think the Nazis meant exactly what they said.


Eli

No comments:

Post a Comment