Friday, August 17, 2012

Fee for Service

Eli,

My doc appointment was for 3:30. I saw him at 4:10. I filled out a form in paper, that could have been filled out on the web. There were paper records overflowing the corridors of the office. There was no attempt at integrating records I have with other docs, or prescription records, or the quite detailed records I have on my weight, exercise and food intake. Even if I had offered them I doubt they would have been examined.

You and others talk about fee for service driving medical costs higher. I scratch my head at this. Who WANTS to see a doc? It's painful and wasteful and irritating and inefficient. Heck, I've avoided going to the doc for a year, it's such a loathsome experience for me.

I just don't understand how fee for service drives medical costs higher. For this consumer, it keeps costs lower.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment