Friday, January 27, 2012

Points of Agreement, and not

Eli,


You touch on a lot of points. I'll touch on them rather than address them fully. Maybe then we can talk about the Patriots v. Giants. Neither looked sharp in the Conference championship games. Brady was particularly uninspiring. 


I don't know what the Occupy movement was. An echo of the "full rapacious fury of the Industrial Revolution," or narcissistic omphaloskepsis?


The core of the Republican party is "working class whites," seeing their dominance withering away? I'm not really sure what you are talking about, nor if it's particularly relevant.


And  I stand fully by my statement that ”the notion that anyone is proposing an elimination of air pollution laws that would result in a Dickensian-like, coal-fired, haze over the US, and that the electorate would stand for such a thing is, frankly, absurd." Note the disclaimer "that the electorate would stand for such a thing." Whenever someone stands up and says, "I'm an environmentalist," I laugh. We are all environmentalists. I have yet to meet anyone who wants to live in a dirty, smelly, unhealthy environment. 


The argument being made today, isn't really about traditional environmental regulation. Rather it's about CO2. And that's a whole other kettle of fish. 


Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment