Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Congrats. You Win Gerrymandering

Eli,

Shame on me. I clinked on the link about the Colorado re-districting commission, read a bit, sighed and stopped. I never got to the punch line on how it was organized. I, like our President, refuse to accept blame. I blame the author. If someone doesn’t tell me exactly what they want in about 2 paragraphs I assume what they are going to say. Or I move on.

Interesting take on incumbency. I go back and forth on this. If you have a good congressperson why shouldn’t they stay a long time? I’d still be skeptical of this commission solving that. Would (woudn’t) Dems and Repubs do their darndest to draw the districts to keep them in office. That leaves the independents to keep everyone honest, so why not just use the indies. Now we’re back to the experts.

Sigh.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment