Friday, October 4, 2013

Assassinations, Targeted Killings and the NSA

When I tell friends and family the purpose of the NSA spying is to kill people, most indulge me or roll their eyes. Don't.

Michael Hayden, a former director of the National Security Agency, defended the government's use of targeted killings on Thursday.

"Yes, we do targeted killings, and I certainly hope they make full use of the capacities of the National Security Agency when we do that," Hayden said at a Washington Post panel discussion on cybersecurity.
Hayden later joked:
"I must admit in my darker moment over the past several months, I'd also thought of nominating Mr. Snowden, but it was for a different list," Hayden said.
The Government has already killed US citizens with drones. The Obama administration defends its "right" to do so. Given the lies that come out of the NSA and its defenders every day, I'm not convinced putting Snowden on the kill list is a joke.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment