Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Well That's Scary

Eli,

I saw this headline, "Social media outpaces print newspapers in the U.S. as a news source," and thought, well, that's scary. Then I read the story and saw how many people get their news from TV and thought, well, that's scary. Then I thought about how many people get their news from the NY Times and thought, well, that's scary. Then I remembered how the PBS Newshour has become, "The world is on fire because of climate change and its all Donald Trump's fault," and thought, well that's scary. Mrs. Knabe remarked to me last night she was tired of the PBS Newshour routine. She's the moderate one in our union.

One of the (many) odd things about Trump is his ability to identify a serious issue, then distort the hell out of it. In my mind there is a serious credibility issue for the US media and our President has identified this and vocalized it loudly and the fact that he distorts the issue seems to give the residents of the media-industrial complex  leave to ignore his, and mine, and Mrs. Knabe's, concerns. I'm going to guess we will all regret their inability to self-examine.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment