Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Trump Is Good For Democracy

Bill,


Coming from me, that's a headline that might surprise you. I've resisted the temptation to vent about the current president in our shared forum. To do so might make me feel better, but it would accomplish little else, and would compromise our mission. Besides, others have already done this with far greater elegance, skill, and vitriol  than I.


But I will say this about him. He has energized the electorate in a way that might not have seemed possible a short time ago. I have my hopes for the outcome, but I don't know what will happen today. One thing however is certain. More Americans are going to vote in a midterm election than have done so in a very long time. And that's good for the country


Eli



No comments:

Post a Comment