Friday, May 15, 2015

Rubio Might Be My Man.

Eli,

What little I know of Rubio, I like, but I know very little. I used to like Scott Walker until he came out in favor of greater restrictions on immigration, support of ethanol subsidies and his answer to the all important would you attend a gay marriage question. For Walker: Reception, Yes. Wedding, no comment. I liked Rubio's response, “If it’s somebody in my life that I care for, of course I would." I think Jorge Ramos was so surprised by the answer, he asked it again.

I simplify everything down to free trade. The more in favor of free trade, the more I like the candidate. Free trade for me includes free trade domestically, not just internationally. Anyone that supports renewable portfolio standards, ethanol, wind, solar subsides, minimum wage, the Ex-Im Bank,  and many other programs is anti free trade and won't get my vote. Free trade includes social issues as well. Gay marriage and marijuana legalization are free trade issues to me.

When Walker turned anti-free trade I turned anti-Walker. I'll see where Rubio lands.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment