Tuesday, February 12, 2013

State of the Union Preview

Eli,

I think I'll pass on the State of the Union. We're still early in "House of Cards." The re-run of "Walking Dead" is available. I still haven't seen the last episode of "Modern Family," and maybe a new episode of "The Americans," will be on. Plus, I finally started Robert Caro's "The Passage of Power," and it is marvelous. Caro is finishing up the beginning of the feud between Johnson and Bobby Kennedy. Bobby sounds like the biggest rectal orifice God created.

Besides, on the State of the Union, I already know what he's going to say:
It's George Bush's fault.
The Republicans are evil, unpatriotic, stupid and venal.
I try to compromise but the Republicans disagree with me.
Solve our deficit in a balanced way.
I've already cut spending.
Torture is bad. Killing is good, if it's done with a drone.
Every one pays their fair share.
Every one plays by the same rules.
Here are some players who need special rules.
Grow from the middle out, not the top down. (One of the most mystifying statements I've ever heard).
Catastrophe is around the corner, and it's George Bush's fault.

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment